What's New in RAD Studio 10.3
RAD Studio Rio (10.3) empowers developers to create stunning, high performing apps for Windows, macOS, iOS, Android and Linux Server*, using the same native code base.
RAD Studio 10.3 makes significant improvements for C++ developers including C++17 Win32 support, improved code completion, debugging for optimized builds and new libraries.
Delphi developers can now enjoy inline variable declaration, type inference, and more.
For both C++ and Delphi developers, RAD Studio Rio brings enhancements to VCL for High DPI displays, Per Monitor V2 support, new Windows 10 and WinRT APIs, updated mobile platform support, and more.
Finally, RAD Studio Rio adds more value and capabilities to the Enterprise edition with a RAD Server single site deployment license and an InterBase ToGo for mobile deployment license. The Architect edition now includes a Sencha ExtJS Professional license, InterBase ToGo for mobile deployment license, RAD Server multi-site deployment license, and an AquaData Studio license. These additional licenses expand web enablement, application backend server, and database capabilities for your enterprise applications.
Create Amazing Cross-Platform Applications
80% of Internet users own a smartphone and access application and data from both their mobile device and their laptop/desktop, so it’s more important than ever that your apps run on both.
With RAD Studio 10.3, mobile platform development support is provided in all Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. RAD Studio developers code once, compile natively for each platform, which reduces the time and effort of learning multiple languages and managing parallel development cycles.
New in 10.3:
- Android API26 support, meeting Google Play Store requirements for new apps in August 2018 and updated apps in November 2018.
- Android Native Controls and FMX styled controls on the same Android form, including using material design theme for Android 5.0 or higher
- iOS 12 Support (32- and 64-bit) for building App Store and enterprise applications.
- Support for Unicode Emoji
Code Your Way
With two new themes, customizing your IDE to match your coding style has never been easier.
- Dark and Light Themes Whether you like to code at night or during the brightest times of days, RAD Studio’s Light and Dark themes have you covered. Dark themes have been reported to reduce eye strain in low light environments, allowing you to work more productively at night. It’s easy to toggle between dark and light themes via a toolbar menu.
- Customize Your Development Environment The improved installer UI and license manager UI help you identify the options you need and skip what you don’t, whether you’re developing for multiple platforms or just one.
- Clean, Updated IDE UI Find the options you need, fast. The IDE’s main window is more readable and aligned. Easily tell where the keyboard focus area is with updated changes to focus background colors. Editor tabs are larger with easier to read fonts, so you can quickly make changes and keep coding.
Stunning Windows Applications with VCL
The Visual Component Library (VCL) offers easy and visual development of the application user interface, and 10.3 brings new updates to keep your apps looking modern and fresh.
- Enhanced HighDPI Support. With the new VCL High DPI ImageList control in 10.3, developers building new VCL Windows applications or updating existing apps for high DPI displays can fully support multi-resolution, pixel perfect images on all controls, as well as any custom drawing requiring scaled images for multiple resolution monitors.
- Per Monitor V2 Support. Ensure your app scales correctly for all Windows scaling, by responding to DPI scaling changes on different screens at runtime.
- Expanded Windows 10 and WinRT API Support. This includes a number of key WinRT APIs and recent Windows 10 APIs, including ready-to-use components for in-app purchases and trials in the Windows 10 Store
Deploy Services Based Applications with RAD Server
- RAD Server performance is significantly improved with ten-fold increase in throughput for simple operations
- New JSON Processing Helper Components
- Enterprise Editions include RAD Server Single-Site Deployment License
- Architect Editions include RAD Server Multi-Site Deployment License
What's New in C++
- C++17 Win32 Support enhances productivity, better compiler optimizations, and faster code. Both RTL and STL have been updated.
- New STL/Dinkumware 2018 version for both Win32 and Win64.
- Improved Code Completion Code completion for this compiler is now asynchronous, faster and with better results than previous C++ Code Completion. Typing will not pause while completion is being calculated.
- Debugging Optimized Builds is now supported.
- 2X Speed Math Performance for Win64
- New, Additional C++ Libraries in GetIt
New and improved database capabilities
- InterBase 2017/ IBToGo 2017 in RAD Studio. Professional editions include InterBase 2017 Developer license, while Enterprise and Architect editions also include InterBase ToGo for mobile deployment licenses. InterBase ToGo adds encryption, Change Views to keep your app data easily synced via subscription, and no database file size limit.
- Improved and Updated Support for popular databases including mySQL v8.0, MariaDB 10.3, SQL Server 2017, PostgreSQL v10, Firebird v3.0, MongoDB, InterBase, SQLite 3.23.1, SQL Anywhere, and more.
- DataSnap enhancements
- REST improvements. Support for additional REST related methods, types and properties.
All New Architect Edition Power Pack
Get more from the Architect Edition with these included Idera family licenses.
- InterBase ToGo mobile deployment license: Add data storage to your apps with this flexible, encrypted, embeddable database.
- RAD Server multi-site deployment license: Perfect for your microservices architecture backend. ($5000+ Value)
- AquaData Studio license: Powerful database analysis. ($500 Value)